Privacy & Cookies
Last updated: 11 July 2018
Providing personal information is an act of trust and it is taken seriously. Unless given consent to do otherwise and/or otherwise permissible by and/or required by law, Viauty will only collect and use personal information as set out below.
We use the term “Designated Countries” to refer to countries in the European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA), and Switzerland.
PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
Viauty does not collect personal information beyond the limited data we need for you to perform our services to the customers.
Viauty collects personal information provided directly by the customer when the customer registers an account, and uses our services. We may receive the following personal information:
- information provided by the customer during account registration, including, without limitation, personal details, user name, address, phone number and email address;
- customer’s gender;
- financial information provided by the customer during transactions, including, without limitation, bank account numbers;
- location data;
- any other personal information which you directly provide to Viauty; and
- any other personal information requested or required by the Website.
We will only collect and process personal data about you where we have lawful bases. Lawful bases include consent (where you have given consent), contract and “legitimate interests”.
Where we rely on your consent to process personal data, you have the right to withdraw or decline your consent at any time and where we rely on legitimate interests, you have the right to object.
YOUR DEVICE AND LOCATION
When you visit or leave our Website, we receive the URL of both the site you came from and the one you go to next. We also get information about your IP address, proxy server, operating system, web browser and add-ons, device identifier and features, and/or ISP or your mobile carrier. If you use our services from a mobile device, that device will send us data about your location based on your phone settings.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information will be collected, held, used and disclosed for the following primary purposes jointly and/or severally:
- to provide you with services requested, complete your transactions, and address your inquiries;
- to identify you and personalise your experience with us;
- to process registration and log in to the Website;
- to facilitate our communication and contact you about our services or other matters;
- to provide you with newsletters via mail and e-newsletters;
- to share personal information with our suppliers and other trusted third parties in the manner described below;
- to the extent permissible or necessary by law, for any other purpose as may be deemed reasonably necessary by Viauty in the circumstances;
The customer understands that the personal information is available and accessible by our employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide services to you or in order to do their jobs.
COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
DISCLOSURE OF THE PERSONAL INFORMATION
The protection of the personal information and your privacy is important to us. We do not disclose the personal information to any third parties except for:
- * our service providers engaged by us to perform some functions on our behalf;
- * legal and regulatory authorities;
- * our employees.
We may share your personal data with companies we have hired to provide services on our behalf, including those who act as data processors on our behalf, acting strictly under contract in accordance with Article 28 GDPR. Those data processors are bound by strict confidentiality and data security provisions, and they can only use your data in the ways specified by us.
CUSTOMER’S ABILITY TO EDIT PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may access your personal information held by us to correct, update and remove inaccurate or incorrect data. You have the following rights:
- delete some or all personal information that we held about you;
- change or correct your personal information that we held about you;
- object to, or limit or restrict, use of your personal information;
- right to access and/or take your personal information: you can ask us for a copy of your personal information and can ask for a copy of personal information you provided in machine readable form.
If you want your personal information to be corrected, updated or removed, please contact our customer support or send us your email at [email protected] Please provide us with enough information to identify and verify you in your written request, and allow 30 days for this request to be processed. We may collect the fee as provided by law.
We use certain technologies to ensure the confidentiality of your personal information and to secure your sensitive data. Viauty uses several security measures, including Socket Layer protocol (SSL), which is industry-leading technologies to ensure that your information is fully encrypted.
However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is completely secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy and completeness of your personal information. You shall inform us in relation to any changes to your personal information.
We retain your personal information while your account is in existence or for as long as it is necessary or your user account is active or as needed to provide you with the services or as provided by the applicable laws.
If you no longer want us to use your personal information to provide you with the services, you may close your account or ask us to delete your personal information. However, we may retain and use your personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations and resolve disputes.
MERGE OF COMPANY
CROSS-BORDER DATA TRANSFERS
We process information both inside and outside of Designated Countries and rely on legally-provided mechanisms to lawfully transfer information across borders. Countries where we process data may have laws which are different, and potentially not as protective, as the laws of your own country.
From time to time we may contact you through email, mobile phone, notices posted on our Websites, and other ways through our services, including text messages and push notifications. We will send you messages about the availability of our services, or other service-related issues. We also send messages about our services, promotions, updates and news about us. Please be aware that you cannot opt-out of receiving service messages from us, including security and legal notices.
DATA CONTROLLER PERSON
To communicate with our Data Protection Officer, please contact us at [email protected] Please name your email subject as “DPO”.